Phase 2 of the Mayflower Forest completes
Phase 2 of The Mayflower Forest has been successfully completed.
The site team were delighted to receive a visit from Plymouth City Council Leader Cllr Tudor Evans and Charles Hackett of Mayflower400 and the team proudly showed off the newly constructed dry riverbeds.
Phase 3 planting will be starting over the next few weeks.
The project has received amazing support so far and the team would like to thank several businesses and individuals who have helped to realise The Mayflower Forest and enable it to come to fruition.
Our thanks go out to:
• Adam King of Building Plymouth Project Sponsor AECOM who created the amazing vision for our landscape redesign for the Mayflower Forest. Just wait until we start planting.
• Steve Warren-Brown of Building Plymouth Project Sponsor YGS Landscapes Ltd for all his efforts in helping us deliver Phase 2 of our Mayflower Forest and whose passion, enthusiasm, resourcefulness and creativity has really enabled this success so far.
• Ty Nelson, director of Groundfix who acted as our Principal Contractor for Phase 2 of delivering The Mayflower Forest and who ensured our boulders were in safe hands.
• Groundworks Ltd (Steve Hoskin Construction Ltd and Fred Champion Groundworks) for Ty’s in-kind management time in preparing and helping us to safely deliver Phase 2 and for also sponsoring our fantastic project as a Gold Sponsor.
• Rob and Matt from Building Plymouth Project Sponsor Gilpin Demolition Group Ltd who dedicated two busy weeks constructing our dry riverbeds for The Mayflower Forest. We are very grateful for the company also providing the plant and fuel to help us deliver Phase 2 of our works and sorting out our beautiful boulders.
• Building Plymouth Project Sponsor Ian Williams Ltd for helping us spruce up the structure under the Marsh Mills flyover with fresh paint and covering up the graffiti. A great enhancement to our Mayflower Forest landscape re-design!
• CBL Saltash and Central Parts for providing in-kind the welfare unit to support our site team deliver Phase 2 of the Mayflower Forest.
• Jeremy Bishop Haulage Ltd who delivered in-kind 400 tonnes of granite rock for our Mayflower Forest.
• Burrington Estates Ltd for kindly donating 400 tonnes of granite stone from the Stowford Mill site for our Mayflower Forest dry river beds, helping to make our vision a reality.
• Graeme Berry for taking on the Principal Designer role for Phase 2 and for sponsoring our project.
• Louise Creber CF APMP for all your support.
• AWW for their architectural interpretation and support for our Mayflower Forest. Great work thanks Ian Sanders and Matthew Parkes.
• Rachel Dyer for all your support to the team.
• John Lee of Building Plymouth Project Sponsor, SWH Ltd, for helping us navigate the complexities of highways in delivering Phase 2 of the Mayflower Forest.
• Jamie Haigh of Shield Media Services for our excellent photo shoot.