The search is on! Could you be Building Plymouth’s Apprentice of 2021?
Building Plymouth has officially launched the virtual search to find Plymouth’s top Trade and Technical Construction Apprentices of 2021.
The virtual Building Plymouth Apprentice awards 2021 are open for entries
Our annual awards for 2021 will be a little different this time round, as they are going to be virtual. They will however still recognise how important the construction and built environment industry is for Plymouth, and the part that employers, training providers and their apprentices play in enhancing, shaping, and growing our city.
The awards also acknowledge the exceptional contribution apprentices deliver to the workplace and appreciate their commitment to the Apprenticeship experience.
Who won last year?
Our inspirational winners of the Building Plymouth Apprentices awards 2020 were
• Rebekah Holden, Trade Construction Apprentice of the Year 2020– With Eliza Tay Lady Decorator and City College Plymouth – Advanced Level 3 Apprenticeship in Decorative Occupations
• Chris Watts, Technical Construction Apprentice of the Year 2020 – With Obedair Construction and the University of the West of England, Bristol – Degree Apprenticeship in Quantity Surveying and Commercial Management
Who will win the top two accolades in the Building Plymouth Apprentice awards 2021?
The awards for 2021 will see two overall winners recognised: the Ron Simmonds Trade Construction Apprentice of the Year and the Building Plymouth Technical Construction Apprentice of the Year.
Ron Simmonds was a former alderman and mayor of the city and trained as an apprentice bricklayer. The trade trophy pays tribute to the contribution he made to Plymouth.
The technical shield was added in 2017 to celebrate the technical and higher level apprentices within construction and the built environment in Plymouth.
Who can you nominate for the Building Plymouth apprentice awards 2021?
Nominations are open to all construction and built environment apprentices that are Plymouth residents (with home postcodes within the Plymouth City Council boundary), and are employed within the local construction and built environment sector, either working towards an Apprenticeship Programme (any level or specialism), or who have completed an Apprenticeship during the calendar year 2020. There are no age restrictions.
How to enter:
1. Complete the Construction Apprentice of the Year Nomination Form 2021 (please note the word count) and submit electronically to email@example.com
2. You can find out more about nominating an apprentice here Construction Apprentice of the Year Nomination Information 2021
3. The closing date for entries is 12 noon on Wednesday 20 January 2021
4. The awards will be presented virtually to the winners on Wednesday 10 February 2021 between 2pm – 3pm, which falls within National Apprenticeship Week.
Good luck to everyone!