Build your career in an industry with a great future.
Whatever your skill set, there’s a place for you in construction.
Thinking of changing career or re-entering the industry? It’s never too late to get into the exciting world of construction and the built environment.
Be a part of Plymouth’s future
If you’re equipped with work experience from other sectors or have previous experience of construction, you’ll enter the industry with valuable transferable skills – something that employers are so keen to utilise.
Start your dream role in construction with Building Plymouth
A career in the world of construction is possible at any age. Our team can help you discover your dream role in this interesting industry by:
- Walking you through the different roles available – with our strong connections to employers, we already have a variety of roles available
- Informing you on ways you can up skill or improve your skills through apprenticeships, open to any age, or other industry qualifications
- Refer you to the National Careers Service for help with your CV
- Going through your transferable skills to see what you can bring to your new role
- Speaking with you regarding your employable skills
- Talking you through possible funding opportunities
Regardless of your age or working history, there is a role waiting for you in the fascinating world of construction. By joining the construction industry, you’ll be able to learn new skills through training or even an apprenticeship. Although we are not a recruitment company, our strong connections with our project sponsors means we are first to know about upcoming roles and vacancies. We’ll circulate your CV on your behalf!
Get your foot in the door with work experience
The world of construction has so many roles to choose from, you may not know where to start – that’s where work experience can help. Work experience enables you to try many career paths before you decide on the one you want to embark on.
Already got some experience but looking to up skill or retrain? We can help you find the right qualifications and training programmes to help further your career.